Remember, in order to change, we have to key in on eternal motivation. There are three kinds of motivation:
- External motivation. This happens when the pain gets so great it finally eats through the wall of your denial, and you realize you need to change. External motivation can push you out of your comfort zone, but it can’t keep you out of the comfort zone. We naturally gravitate back into our old ruts and habit patterns so we need more than external motivation.
- Internal motivation. Internal motivation is better than external motivation because you stop blaming others and take responsibility for the changes you need to make. Internal motivation can keep you out of the comfort zone, but it can’t propel you into your destiny. You need something more than even internal motivation.
- Eternal motivation. Eternal motivation comes when you realize you need a power and a purpose beyond yourself. We also believe that change happens best when we focus on an eternal motivation. So, we want you to download the Prayer Card every week; and as you work on physical fitness, pray for the people listed that we are reaching in our Woodlands Church mission projects.
Here is what we are challenging you to do:
1. WALK A MILE IN THEIR SHOES.
Every day, walk a mile to exercise your body; but as you do, pray for the people we are ministering to in the mission project on the weekly card. If you already jog three or four miles a day, just bring the card along and pray for the hurting and hungry that are listed on the card.
2. EAT A MEAL IN THEIR SHOES.
Half the world lives on less than a dollar a day, and their diet consists of no more than one cup of rice and one cup of beans a day. We are challenging you to eat at least one of your three daily meals like half the world does. You may even want to go three or four days with eating only one meal a day (one cup rice, one cup beans). When we feel a little twinge of hunger, it will remind us to pray and care for those who have nothing.
3. GIVE MY EXTRA OFFERING on June 23/24
As we lose pounds we don’t need, we can give pounds to people who desperately need it! The weekend of June 23/24, we are having a special missions’ offering to give extra, thanking God for the weight we’ve lost and helping feed those who need it the most.
We’re praying for you and every day we will give you encouragement on our blog as we do the Inside Out Project together.
-Kerry and Chris